Singapore debut in Asian Champion League 2009
Singapore representative,Singapore Armed Forces will compete against champion of Vietnam,Thailand and Indonesia for a place in the inagural prestigious Asian Champion League 2009 group stage.There are Binh Duong from Vietnam,PEA from Thailand and Sriwijaya from Indonesia.
The first play-off match will be on 18 February next year and the second play-oo if win,will be on 25 February.The venue is still not confirm.
Meanwhile,these are teams that will compete alongside Home United in the AFC Cup next year:
East Asia (12 teams)
– Hong Kong: 2 teams (South China, Citizen)
– Malaysia: 2 teams (Kedah, Negeri Sembilan)
– Maldives: 2 teams (Club Valencia, VB Sports)
– Singapore: 1 team (Home United)
– Thailand: 1 team (Chonburi)
– Vietnam: 1 team (Hanoi ACB)
– ACLQ: 3 teams